TREATMENTSInspiring Wellness Through Beauty
IPL HAIR REMOVAL
WHAT IS IPL?
What is IPL?
IPL is a non-invasive treatment technique for hair removal and skin rejuvenation treatments, including skin clearing, redness reduction and skin tone correction.
What is IPL – Intense Pulsed Light Treatment?
IPL is a non-invasive light-based technology used to remove unwanted hair and improve many skin conditions. Such conditions as age spots, sun spots, freckles, superficial capillaries and other unsightly discolouration of the skin can be eliminated using this technology. IPL is also incredibly effective for those of us who suffer from facial redness and can even stimulate fibroblast causing increased collagen production in your skin for a more natural, lively, healthier looking you!
How does IPL work?
A fully trained therapist will apply a specially designed hand piece to your skin and generate an intense pulse of light which will be absorbed by targets in your skin. The light delivered from the hand piece is delivered at high intensity during a very short period of time. It is this rapid discharge of light that provides the high energy levels required for each IPL treatment to be effective!
Hair Removal Treatments
IPL hair removal treatments are easy, painless and quick solution to unwanted hair and can be successfully used on the body or the face. Usually a course of 6 – 8 treatments is required to achieve optimal result, but once you’ve completed your treatment cycle, you can look forward to a lifetime of smooth skin with only the occasional maintenance treatment. Compare that to the cost and hassle of a lifetime of waxing.
Skin Tone Correction
Whether born with them or acquired over the course of a lifetime, virtually everyone has one or more sun spots, freckles or skin discolouration they’d love to get rid of! A doctor’s letter confirming that no skin cancers are present is usually required before commencing your treatment cycle and a series of 4 – 6 treatments spaced 4 week apart are required for optimal results. Treatments areas such as backs of hands, forearms, décolletage and face will respond well.
Everybody loves the sunshine! Limited exposure is good for the soul and the immediate effects it has on the skin such as a tan and healthy glow are much desired. However, in the long term, sun exposure decreases the production of collagen, which in turn causes damage to the skin making it feel wrinkled and coarse and looking red and tired. Skin rejuvenation treatments will improve skin tone, texture, refine and refresh the skin by increasing the production of collagen in the skin.
Estimates indicate that unsightly veins are a common problem for more than 60% of the adult population! Our trained clinicians can offer treatments which will reduce facial blemishes such as red flushing and red spots found on cheeks and around the nose with minimal downtime or risk. A treatment cycle of 4 – 6 treatments spaced two to three weeks apart is usually required to reach your best possible outcome.
Our trained clinicians are now able to offer IPL based acne management programs for their clients. These unique treatments are designed to specifically slow the overall production of oil that leads to acne, thus dramatically reducing the chance of spots and minimising the appearance of pores in general. Results will vary, but most people will see a significant improvement in skin condition. Treatment should be spaced approximately 1 – 2 weeks apart.
Pre Treatment PREParation
- Do not wax, pluck, use depilatory creams or undertake electrolysis for 4 weeks prior to treatment, and in between treatments.
- Do not use prescription strength exfoliant creams (Retin-A and Alpha Hydroxy) on the area for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Please shave the night before all subsequent treatments.
- Avoid tanning and incidental sun exposure including self-tanning lotions, tanning bed/booths for 4 weeks prior to and in between treatments. A sunscreen with SPF 30 or greater should be used on any area of sun-exposed skin, which you plan to treat.
What to expect
- A mild sunburn-like sensation is anticipated. This usually resolves within 2-3 hours of treatment but may persist for up to 2 days.
- Appearance of “stubble” may appear in 1 to 3 weeks. This is not hair re-growth. It is the remnant of treated hairs being expelled from the IPL-damaged follicle. Allow this hair to fall out of the skin on its own or encourage with gentle exfoliation. Do not pluck or tweeze. You may shave during this period.
POST TREATMENT CARE
- Application of chilled Aloe Vera gel or a cold compress every hour for 5 to10 minutes may be soothing to the skin. Continue until symptoms subside.
- Avoid sun exposure to treated areas. Apply a sun block with SPF 30 or greater daily to sun-exposed treated areas between treatments and for 4-6 weeks after last treatment.
- Bathe or shower as usual. Treated areas may be temperature sensitive. Avoid use of extremely hot water, strongly scented lotions or soaps, prescription strength exfoliant creams, loofah sponges, and aggressive scrubbing to treated areas during healing phase.
- Allow any blistered or open areas to heal spontaneously. If healing is delayed, a thin coating of antibiotic ointment may be advised. Do not pick at these areas. Picking may result in infection or scarring.
- Allow any crusting to heal spontaneously, crusting will resolve in 3 to 14 days.
- Best results are obtained on clients who have follow up treatment immediately after hair starts to grow. Your clinician will advise you when you should schedule your next appointment. It is important to adhere to this regime.
Until redness has completely resolved, avoid all of the following:
- No active cosmetics on treated areas (including AHA/BHA’s, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and physical exfoliants)
- No swimming, especially in pools with chemical/chlorine
- No hot tubs and jacuzzis
- No exercise or activities that cause excessive perspiration
- Avoid sun exposure to treated areas
- Do not pick, scratch or remove scabs as this will cause unwanted side effects
Increased photosensitivity to UV, Laser and IPL can occur when taking certain medications. During your treatment programme, if you have commenced or changed dosage with the following medications, you must advise your clinician:
1. Antibiotics – doxycycline (acne), minocycline, Tetracyclines, Sulphonamides
2. Antihistamines – Diphenhydramone, Cyproheptadine
4. Herbal preparations – st Johns wort, Ginko Biloba, citrus oils, Herbal HRT therapies
Taking these medications does not exclude you from HairLASE treatments; however, extra precautions are applicable in these cases.
TREATMENTS & PRICING
IPL Skin Consultation
A skin consultation and test patch is required for all IPL treatments & redeemable upon cost of first treatment – $49
WOMENS / FACE
Chin – $49
Lip – $49
Lip / Chin – $65
Sides of Face/Cheeks – $59
Full Face – $89
WOMENS / UPPER BODY
Front or Back of Neck – $75
Underarms – $49
Half Arms – $109
Full Arms – $145
Navel line – $49
Areola – $49
WOMENS / LOWER BODY
Standard bikini – $55
G-string – $85
Brazilian (inc behind/buttocks) – $105
Half lower legs – $135
Half upper legs – $145
3/4 legs – $180
Full legs (including feet) – $199
Beard (inc neck) – $99
Front of Neck – $75
Back of Neck – $75
Chest and Abs – $245
Upper and Lower Back – $229
Back and Shoulders – $250
The number of treatments required varies between individuals. Custom packages are available for multiple treatment areas.
Please contact us for further information and to obtain a customised package price.
WE ALSO OFFER
Tailored bridal packages
Get your skin looking its best for your special day.
For individuals and groups, a great learning and fun experience!
Let us put together a package for you tailored to your needs.
Alpine Beginnings Beauty
02 6456 7087 or 0411 355 897
12 Acacia Place
East Jindabyne NSW 2627