TREATMENTSInspiting Wellness Through Beauty
IPL Skin Rejuvenation Home Care Guide
- Do not wax, pluck, use depilatory creams or undertake electrolysis for 1 week prior to treatment.
- Do not use prescription strength exfoliant creams (Retin-A and Alpha Hydroxy) for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Please shave the night before all subsequent treatments (only if applicable).
- Avoid tanning and incidental sun exposure including self-tanning lotions, tanning bed/booths for 4 weeks prior to and in between treatments. A sunscreen with SPF 30 or greater should be used on any area of sun-exposed skin, which you plan to treat.
Skin Tone Correction
- A mild sunburn-like sensation is expected. This usually last 2 to 24 hours but can persist up to 72 hours. Mild swelling and/or redness may accompany this, which usually resolves in 2 to 3 days. In some cases, prolonged redness or blistering may occur.
- The treated area may initially look raised and/or darker with a reddened perimeter. Apply cool/ice compresses to treatment areas for 10 to 15 minutes every hour for the next 4 hours, as needed, to reduce discomfort and heat
- The treated area will gradually turn darker over the next 24 to 48 hours. It may turn dark brown or even black.
- The treated area will progress to scabs/crusting and will start flaking off in 2 to 3 days.
- The treated area is usually healed in 7-10 days. It will continue to fade over the next 2 to 4 weeks.
- Direct sunlight to the treated area should be avoided. Daily application of a SPF30 is recommended to prevent development of new lesions.
- There is a possibility of hair loss in the treated area, when being treated for pigmented lesions.
- Mild sunburn-like sensation is expected. It usually lasts 2 to 24 hours but can persist up to 72 hours. Mild swelling and/or redness may accompany this, which usually resolves in 2 to 3 days. This can be treated with cold packs.
- Apply cool/ice compress to treatment areas for 10 to15 minutes every hour for the next 4 hours, as needed, to
reduce discomfort and heat sensation.
- The treated area can be gently cleansed and topical hydrocortisone cream can be applied if needed.
- A significant amount of swelling can be experienced post treatment. It is recommended not to lie flat to avoid the accumulation of swelling, and gentle, light massage can also assist in the movement of residual fluid. Swelling will typically subside in 2-3 days.
- The vessels undergo immediate greying or blanching. In some cases, only a slight purplish change is noted.Vessels will partially resolve in about 10 to 14 days and areas of diffuse flushing gradually fade leaving skin with
- A mild warmth or sunburn-like sensation is expected. This can usually last from 1 to 24 hours.
- Little to mild redness may be experienced but will subside quite quickly.
- Minor dry, flaking skin may be experienced post treatment as lesions heal. Please do not pick or pull and allow the skin to heal spontaneously.
- Mild warmth or sunburn-like sensation is to be expected. This can last from a few hours to 24 hours post treatment.
- Little to mild redness may be experienced, however will subside quite quickly.
- Some minor dry or flaking skin may be experienced 1-3 days post treatment, Do not pick, keep skin well hydrated and allow skin to heal spontaneously. Gentle exfoliation may be performed 72 hours post treatment.Until redness has completely resolved, avoid all of the following:
- No active cosmetics on treated areas (including AHA/BHA’s, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and physical exfoliants)
- No swimming, especially in pools with chemical/chlorine
- No hot tubs and jacuzzis
- No exercise or activities that cause excessive perspiration
- Avoid sun exposure to treated areas
- Do not pick, scratch or remove scabs as this will cause unwanted side effects
Increased photosensitivity to UV, Laser and IPL can occur when taking certain medications. During your treatment programme, if you have commenced or changed dosage with the following medications, you must advise your clinician:
1. Antibiotics – doxycycline (acne), minocycline, Tetracyclines, Sulphonamides
2. Antihistamines – Diphenhydramone, Cyproheptadine
4. Herbal preparations – st Johns wort, Ginko Biloba, citrus oils, Herbal HRT therapies
Taking these medications does not exclude you from HairLASE treatments; however, extra precautions are applicable in these cases.
For any questions, concerns or bookings please contact our salon.
OTHER SERVICES WE OFFER
Tailored bridal packages
Get your skin looking its best for the special day.
For individuals and groups, a great learning and fun experience!
We can put together a package to suit your needs.
Alpine Beginnings Beauty
02 6456 7087 or 0411 355 897
12 Acacia Place
East Jindabyne NSW 2627