TREATMENTSInspiring Wellness Through Beauty
IPL Hair Removal Home Care Guide
- Do not wax, pluck, use depilatory creams or undertake electrolysis for 4 weeks prior to treatment, and in between treatments.
- Do not use prescription strength exfoliant creams (Retin-A and Alpha Hydroxy) on the area for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Please shave the night before all subsequent treatments.
- Avoid tanning and incidental sun exposure including self-tanning lotions, tanning bed/booths for 4 weeks prior to and in between treatments. A sunscreen with SPF 30 or greater should be used on any area of sun-exposed skin, which you plan to treat.
What To Expect
- A mild sunburn-like sensation is anticipated. This usually resolves within 2-3 hours of treatment but may persist for up to 2 days.
- Appearance of “stubble” may appear in 1 to 3 weeks. This is not hair re-growth. It is the remnant of treated hairs being expelled from the IPL-damaged follicle. Allow this hair to fall out of the skin on its own or encourage with gentle exfoliation. Do not pluck or tweeze. You may shave during this period.
- Application of chilled Aloe Vera gel or a cold compress every hour for 5 to10 minutes may be soothing to the skin. Continue until symptoms subside.
- Avoid sun exposure to treated areas. Apply a sun block with SPF 30 or greater daily to sun-exposed treated areas between treatments and for 4-6 weeks after last treatment.
- Bathe or shower as usual. Treated areas may be temperature sensitive. Avoid use of extremely hot water, strongly scented lotions or soaps, prescription strength exfoliant creams, loofah sponges, and aggressive scrubbing to treated areas during healing phase.
- Allow any blistered or open areas to heal spontaneously. If healing is delayed, a thin coating of antibiotic ointment may be advised. Do not pick at these areas. Picking may result in infection or scarring.
- Allow any crusting to heal spontaneously, crusting will resolve in 3 to 14 days.
- Best results are obtained on clients who have follow up treatment immediately after hair starts to grow. Your clinician will advise you when you should schedule your next appointment. It is important to adhere to this regime.
Until redness has completely resolved, avoid all of the following:
- No active cosmetics on treated areas (including AHA/BHA’s, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and physical exfoliants)
- No swimming, especially in pools with chemical/chlorine
- No hot tubs and jacuzzis
- No exercise or activities that cause excessive perspiration
- Avoid sun exposure to treated areas
- Do not pick, scratch or remove scabs as this will cause unwanted side effects
Increased photosensitivity to UV, Laser and IPL can occur when taking certain medications. During your treatment programme, if you have commenced or changed dosage with the following medications, you must advise your clinician:
1. Antibiotics – doxycycline (acne), minocycline, Tetracyclines, Sulphonamides
2. Antihistamines – Diphenhydramone, Cyproheptadine
4. Herbal preparations – st Johns wort, Ginko Biloba, citrus oils, Herbal HRT therapies
Taking these medications does not exclude you from HairLASE treatments; however, extra precautions are applicable in these cases.
OTHER SERVICES WE OFFER
Tailored bridal packages
Get your skin looking its best for the special day.
For individuals and groups, a great learning and fun experience!
We can put together a package to suit your needs.
Alpine Beginnings Beauty
02 6456 7087 or 0411 355 897
12 Acacia Place
East Jindabyne NSW 2627